Thursday 29 November 2012

Internship #2


So my second internship for school was for the Chambre des Commerces Gay du Quebec. It was inspired by the old port of montreal and was sailor themed. Sailors as in a bunch of body painted hot muscular men with little white shorts and ribbons on their necks. This was a fun internship.
This one wasn't as fun as my last internship, but i still had a good time.
I got to make the 300 goody bags with jean paul gaultier perfume, two magazines, a pen a mug full of face creams and stuff and super delicious chocolate. 

The best part was getting to take a bag home :)

The decor was awesome. There was a lot of naked men.
Not complaining.





The photography was beautiful and the night was a total success.
There was even a dance show, a man in silver doing some circus handstands that looked really hard
and some singing i think. My least favorite part was going the check ins.
It was actually really badly organized. The lists were organized by company name,
and sometimes people didn't know what company it was under and they would give me their name and i had to sort through a giant list and read each name to figure out who it was. 
There was no list for media, so i had to go find the event coordinator every time there was media and it was just a big mess. 






In the end it was a great event. I was glad to be part of it. 
I got a thank you email from a few different people that said i did a great job.
I got a lot of experience from this event, and its only going to help me be a better event planner.


Speak soon xo

No comments:

Post a Comment