Wednesday 21 November 2012

Internship

Did my first internship for school last weekend. It was so much fun!! It was for elegant weddings magazine. It was a two day internship only and day one was pretty basic, we did a lot of setting up of all the products and telling the vendors where their little designated carpet space was. Day two was when all the fun happened!

Don't really know why but i woke up two days in a row nauseous out of my mind. The metro obviously had some kind of accident and the entire green line was closed so i had to cab my way to the windsor hall on peel downtown. The cab driver had the heat blasting for the whole 10 minute ride and i thought i was going to vomit. So when i got to the event, i took some gravol to calm my stomach; not realizing it was going to make me drowsy. Bad idea. So i had to fight the drowsy effects of the gravol while working for a couple hours but they had coffee and tim bits so us, so i fuelled myself on caffein and sugar until i woke up.


Once i was myself again though, i was a force to be reckoned with. I was passionate about what i was doing and super pro-active. I got to work the check in desk for VIP's and media. I had myself super well organized and the women in charge really noticed me. I was so proud of myself and really pumped to be what i was doing. I took a few photos when i got to walk around. There were some super beautiful cakes and really interesting decoration ideas for wedding. But some stuff i might just use and inspiration to decorate my apartment. It was all so beautiful.









And of course i went home with some great loot! I got a bunch of body lotions and washes from Body Works that i already put in my shower and a few perfume samples from them as well. A whole little bag of body scrubs, face creams, eye creams and body wash from Corp Ideal and some yummy chocolates.  
I made sure to go around and introduce myself to the vendors. I want to start making a name for myself and getting to know lots of companies that i could potentially be dealing with. I grabbed lots of business cards of the nicest booths i saw. Ive really got a good feeling about this.
2013 might just be the best one yet.

Speak soon xo

No comments:

Post a Comment