Tuesday 6 November 2012

choosing happiness


I can preach all day and night about the power of the self and choosing your mood, and not letting other people's negativity affect you.  I haven't been doing a very good job in applying it to my own life how ever. i let myself get bummed down so many time in day.


I compare myself to everyone else all day, everyday. 
as a pisces, i hold a great quality and that is to be observant. 

a quality as much as a curse because i like to look at outfits and pick off things that i would like to find and add to my own closet, but i also look at women's bodies. 

the gym freak that i am, i love fitness and i love to look and feel good in my body. it's been a long time that I've been all too conscious of the skin bag i carry around.
i have had a rough time accepting the possibility that my body may not be made to stay slim all my life. i have to accept that like the women in my family, i could possibly gain some weight.
i choose a lifestyle that fights against that and i think i might be winning this battle. 
its as much a mental battle as it is to get in some fitness in during the day.
i have to keep a sane mind in order to have a sane body.

Today i am satisfied with how i look.
satisfaction is a great start. 
i would like to one day be able to say i love it, and i feel like I'm on the right track, but not quite there yet. and thats okay. i'm trying very hard to be a positive person.
its so easy to get sucked down!
but today i've woken up with a good energy. 
I've been listening to alicia key's girl on fire song and oh boy that song gets me!
I'm making it a point today to stay in a good mood. if i can tell other people to not let the mood of other affect their own, i should be able to show the example.

here's a little list of things that put me in a good mood:
  • the gym (a good session or a good run)
  • Phil from liquid nutrition (such a nice guy)
  • seeing a cute little dog :)
  • going tanning (light therapy is a real thing)
  • when my iPod makes an awesome playlist when i shuffle all the songs
  • getting to laugh with my friends
so thats my two cents for today. I'm going to make myself a great lunch to bring to school and get my butt into a tanning bed and then the gym!
i hope you all have a great day and I'm giving you homework:
try every morning to say one thing out loud that makes you happy.
and then hold onto the smile it brings to your lips. 
smiles are contagious.

speak soon xo


No comments:

Post a Comment