Monday 21 March 2011

Hiding from the Truth, letting go of Fear.


Fear and guilt are the only enemies of man.
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.
-Franklin Roosevelt

To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
-Bertrand Russell

So my dream is proving to be the most accurate and scary prediction. I knew Pisces had some serious intuition skills but I would never imagine getting it so right, and in a dream!
I'm scared of a lot of things right now. 
It doesn't feel good, and I would love to just let it all go...but I'm only human...

I'm scared that this next step might hurt some good things and good people. 
I'm scared it's going to cause irreparable damage to my relationship.
Five years with someone is a big deal. You grow up together. 
You learn how to be adults with each other.

First Kiss
First Boyfriend 
First Job
First Car
First Apartment 
First Big life lessons
First lots of things....

It's scary because it's unknown territory. It would be too easy to just say no, and continue on the trail I've been slugging along. Is there anything worse than the feeling of stillness in life?

My gut says do it,
My heart says it's going to hurt 
My left brain says WAIT I'M NOT READY
My right brain says everything is going to be okay

What do I listen to?



Most of us have had the experience of being in possession of a piece of truth that we were afraid to share because we knew it would not be well received.

It takes a strong person to face the truth in circumstances like these, and many of us run for cover instead. Nevertheless, we can only avoid the truth for so long before it begins to make itself known in ever more forceful ways. 
Usually the truth is evident, and we can see it if we choose, but we have elaborate ways of hiding the truth form ourselves, no matter how apparent it is. 
Ultimately, there is no way to avoid the truth, no matter how painful it is, so the sooner we give in, the better. We're in touch with reality when we know the truth and accept that we may have to adjust our lives. At the same time, we can be patient with people around us who have a hard time seeing the truth. Whatever the truth is, we make a sincere effort not to close our eyes to it, but instead to be grateful that we have access to it.

...Maybe i'll just close my eyes a little while longer...

1 comment:

  1. I feel you on all of this. Especially that last sentence. ;)

    ReplyDelete