Friday 26 April 2013

Cleansing day 5



I don't know why but every time i ate, my stomach would hurt so bad i would have to sit down and keep still until the sporadic firerey-stomach spasms went away.
I finally had enough and went to see my naturopath last week. 
She did her little energy reading full body reading to see what was going on and to check my general health.  The result was kind of surprising considering i try to eat so well. I do know that emotions do have a serious effect on your interior organs, so i guess it wasn't such a surprise after all.

So I'm on day 5 of my cleanse. I feel really good already.
To make my eating list simple its pretty much this:



NO DAIRY
NO YEAST (BREAD OR BEER)
NO SUGAR. AT ALL. EVEN FRUIT.
NO FRIED/DEEP FRIED
NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
NO CANNED FOOD (EXEPT TUNA)
NO SHITTY CONDIMENTS LIKE YELLOW MUSTARD OR WHITE VINEGAR
NO COFFEE OR BLACK TEA


I went to the grocery store and got myself  a lot of un-canned beans, lentil and chick peas to cook. I can have eggs, a truckload of veggies, bread with no yeast, nuts and a few different kinds of peanut spreads. My favorite is Cashew. I also think i have an avocado addiction. The only veggies i can't have are tomatoes, corn and sweet peas because they have too much sugar. I feel awesome already. I have a special tea to drink every morning but only every second week. it tastes like tree bark but my stomach finally stopped hurting after eating. I also have little herbal jelly capsules to take. One specially made for before each meal to get my stomach's digestive juices going and another after my meal to help be digest smoother incase there was a little sugar or maybe some preservatives that i did not know about or something. 

Health is really important to me. Not just eating healthy but also mental health.
Ive been going running as often as i can. Part of it is because i was told i have bad leg circulation and i need to get my legs moving to get the blood going, but also physical exercise changes your mood and has the potential to cure almost every known disease.

Running sparks the growth of fresh nerve cells and blood vessels.
It improves your memory, reduces stress and helps your heart.
Physical activity creates the release of Endorphins and Serotonin, which make you feel happy :D 


As part of my cleanse, I'm suppose to write down one positive word per day on my calendar and use that word as a mantra for the full day. Today's word is Thankful. 
I feel thankful for my friends and family that are helping me through these rough times.
I know that I will never be homeless or hungry in this lifetime.
I feel thankful that even though lots of hard experiences have come my way, i still have my health. 

So a big question i get when i tell people I'm going this cleanse and have to eat very careful is 
What CAN you eat??


lettuce, endives, green onion, red onion, fennel, apple cider vinegar(I'm allowed cider vinegar) and sesame oil. Herbamare, pepper, basil, parsley and toss it up :)
Ezekiel 4:9 cereal mixed with quinoa puffs. A bowl of ezekiel alone would be way too heavy. i mix a half cup with another kind of sugar free cereal (millet, rice, kamut or quinoa)


yeast free bread with natural dijon mustard, avocado, red onion, pan seared tofu slices, lettuce and cucumber.


One thing is, I miss mayonnaise. Im not allowed mayo and i always used to eat toast with mayo and an over easy egg for breakfast but now i can't have mayo so I'm finding new ways to eat my eggs.
I don't miss sugar. I used to eat so much of it and now that I've cut it out, i realize how useless is was but that i was putting it everywhere. and the amount of unnecessary sweet drinks and pastries and chocolate i was eating. Wow.

So for the rest of my 30 day cleanse, i will update you on things that i cook for myself and the delicious things i can eat and get to eat a whole bunch of!

No comments:

Post a Comment