Friday 10 August 2012

It's already Mid August


So i was so pumped for this summer to be the best summer of life and i think it got pretty up there. I think i did more activities last summer, but i have slight resentment for the people that it happened with. So i think this summer is equal or just a notch above.

Here was my list of things to do:




1. Camping!
Did not get any of that done. Although I chilled on the sidewalk downtown until the sun came up. Also planked pretty well. It almost counts...

2. Be Olivia Newton John and have a summer romance with a hot boy. 
It did not evolve into a romance but wow. I haven't felt butterflies for someone in a long long time. Since Gab basically, last summer when it was still important to him to impress me. But then he started feeling trapped and started treated me like garbage. It's nice to know i can still have feelings for someone. Even though it was so brief and he lives far far away.... maybe i just needed to know that i'm not broken.

3. Take a road trip.
CHECK!!!!  went to Hudson New York all by myself, hung out with a buddy down there and got some much needed perspective on life and what i'm doing with it and not to forget to stay awake in the day. It's too easy to fall asleep.

4. Keep it local and go to LaRonde!! 
Did not go to LaRonde, but i did Osheaga and had the best time ever. Hanging out with people my own age really brought me down to earth. Spending too much time with people that are 10+ years old than i am was getting to me a bit. I was trying to rush to catch up to their accomplishments when i should really just be enjoying how young i really am.

5. Get a couple of really awesome shoots it. 
Only one mini shoot. but it was a fun one. While in Hudson, we motorcycled through the forest and found a clearing and watched a storm from across the lake. it was beautiful and i got some pretty sweet iphone shots out of it :P

6. Tanya's cottage!
She left when i had a terrible flu so i didn't quite make it, but thats okay. I think i would have died of mosquito bites anyways. I spent a bit of time with my mom and sister instead. Brother as well. He's dating my roommate too so i get to see him a little more often then i did. Its nice to get to see family.

7. take a plane somewhere!!! 
This one was a total fail. I was going to go to BC, but just realized how broke i am and didnt make it :(
Nuff said.

So its mid August and i'm about to go back to work in 2 hours. That just about completes my summer. 3 1/2 on 7 items... Its not over yet. i'll give myself until school to really say its over.
(I add a half point for getting my web pierced)



No comments:

Post a Comment