Monday 20 February 2012

Im going to barf some thoughts

Marilyn is done and I think I found the place i'm going to work for a little while....

Believe it or not i have gone back to my old work place.
The restaurant i said i would never step food in again.
although it was the greatest place last summer, 
because of the new manager i didn't think i would ever go back there. 
but when i found out he was gone and recent financial woes have put me in the position of not being allowed to be picky... i had no choice? 

After trying so many place an failing at all of them i decided to give my friend a call and check out this new manager. so far so good. i've done two shifts and the clients like me, the staff is happy to have me back and i get to pay my rent next month :)

But it was not a simple thing to accomplish. As anyone who is currently searching for work would know, NO ONE SEEMS TO BE HIRING RIGHT NOW.

Durring november and december i went out downtown and the plateau and everywhere above, below and in between to bring CV's and i went out 3 days a week for hours just going in one place and leaving and going in the place right next to it. I did interviews for stores that werent even open yet, for place that changed management and were looking for a higher quality staff.
The place i was accepted to but after checking it out pretty much said fuck no...

1. **a restaurant that offers bottle service after hours that i wont name**... i went to have a drink with a friend on a wednesday night thinking it would be alright, but nope... the party lasted until closing at 3 and there were drunk douche bags all over the place and the waitresses, as cute as they were, were not very smart when i asked them anything about the job.

2. some crap hole cafe in st leo. i was walking up the place and i was greeted by three goons that were smoking cigarettes inside the place. the colors were dark, the bar looked like it was falling apart, and when i asked for johnny, about 12 of the guys (12 out of 20 and i was the only woman in the place)
pretended they were him until the real johnny came out and did my interview and i looked down at him writing and noticed he had two coke nails... when i told people about this they tried to tell me some people have long pinky nails for sushi or guitar or some other garbage, but common... i think i know coke nails when i see them.

3. Most recent place that i don't mind mentioning, Bistro tot ou tard. Did two shifts. first shift they didn't give me tip cause i didn't have any of my own tables, completely normal to what i've experienced before. but the second day, i had 5 tables to myself that turned over throughout the shift and they only gave me 20$ at the end of the shift as my part of tip that i shared with the other waitress who took care of the same large group all day. not cool. the place was unorganized at shit, we didn't have cutlery or glasses ready for the lunch rush and there was one experienced waiter and two new girls. so we all looked like idiots because we had to wait for one person to do the cash, and he still had his own tables, the other girl kept forgetting things and i had to bring them to her group. it was just awful.

So here i am, back at my old place. i think ill be happy. the manager seems to know how to manage a restaurant. FINALLY! i'm learning the dos and donts of waitressing there. I used to be the hostess so i saw most of what went on but there were a few things that i weren't sure we did. like if we can do one meat portion instead of the plate of 3... but things that you learn once and then you know it for the rest of the time you're there. I think im going to kick ass here.
Already one of my tables told me i was a great waitress and offered me a job with them.

I missed wearing my pink lipstick and doing my hair nice and wearing my heels and little black dresses.
I get to look good and get paid for talking to people. win win...win!

anyways...other than that, my relationship is healing. we're dealing with taking more time apart and spending better time together. this way works for me because when i get to see him he's more cuddly and more verbal about loving me. which i need!! i love to hear nice things and the only way i understand that someone loves me is when we have physical contact. 
I mean like arm touching.
 Dont be gross.

ahhhh okay. i think thats all. i emptied my brain again and im ready for a new start.
I feel summer coming and im getting tingly in my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment